What is Microblading?
Microblading (or eyebrow embroidery) is a relatively new, manual method which does not use a normal permanent makeup machine. Manual microstroking, sometimes referred to as Microblading, Brow Micropigmentation, Manual Technique, Hand Method Eyebrow Permanent Makeup, Feather Brows, 3D-6D Brows, Cosmetic Tattooing and Eyebrow Embroidery, originated in Asia and has become very popular in in the last few years all across the world.
Microblading is done by using a unique hand instrument with a small row of very fine needles that deposit pigment into the dermis with slicing, feathering strokes. The pigment is implanted in the basal membrane, which divides the epidermis from the Dermis layer of the skin. This creates very crisp, fine hair strokes that don’t blur after healing like you would experience with a traditional permanent makeup machine.
How long does it last?
Everyone is different; you will last up to 3 years. You may need to come in for touchups yearly, and some clients require an every 3 month touchup.
Does it hurt?
This is designed to be a gentle procedure with minimal discomfort. The degree of discomfort will depend on several factors, such as if you opt for anesthetics, location of the treatment, and your pain threshold. In the beginning you will feel a scratching feeling while we are marking the shape and design of the brow. A numbing cream is then applied which is absorbed into the skin within a few seconds. Once the cream has absorbed, you will have very little feeling.
What is the typical cost?
Remember you get what you pay for! Competitors may charge less, but this requires a higher price tag, brows frame the face so it's critical they are perfect.
~Initial treatment for brows – starts at $300, consult required
~Touchup after 13 months – To be determined
~Yearly touchup – to be determined
• Pregnancy or nursing
• Diabetic patients
• Skin diseases
• Directly after Botox treatment (after 2 months is allowed)
• Use of Accutane, Isoltretinoin, or other retinoids (after 6 months is allowed)
• If you have a pacemaker, this manual method can be used, but any machine use is not allowed.
• Very sensitive and pain intolerant
• Sunburn or frostbitten (allowed after symptoms are gone)
• Seborrhea Dermatitis
• Very dry or peeling skin
• Excessive sebum, oily skin
• Problem skin broken capillaries
• Very dry or peeling skin
• Problem skin
• We provide a free consultation, no deposit needed. The consultation will be approximately 30
this will not be your procedure day.
• Consent forms will be emailed to you, which must be completed and brought with you to your
• Patch Test must be completed 48 hours before your treatment, or you can sign a waiver on the day
of your treatment.
• We draw the brow design in pencil so you get an idea of shape and form.
• We take a photo of you so we can study the symmetry of your features. No one is exactly the same,
and what we see as your ideal brow might not be what you want, we want to achieve your perfect
brow. Our goal is to obtain symmetry and communicate realistic expectations. Please remember we
can’t make you look like your favorite celebrity, we are brow artists not plastic surgeons. Miracle
beautiful brows we can do. Be your own beautiful!
Before the Treatment:
• Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Ibuprofen 24 hours before.
• Do not drink coffee, alcohol or energy drinks on the day of treatment.
• If you tint your brows, do it one day prior to treatment
• Do not tan or sunbathe 3 days before treatment.
• No waxing! You must complete any waxing 3 days before the treatment.
• No chemical peels, dermabrasion, mesotherapy or any other intense treatments. This will cause
skin cells to rejuvenate faster which will result in skin irritation. We recommend any of these to
be done 23 weeks before microblading.
• Fix and/or wash your hair before the treatment. You will not be able to have direct contact with
water on the area for 7 days.
On the Consultation Day:
• Please arrive least 10 minutes before your appointment. Late arrival will not be accepted, please
call us; it can lead to your treatment being postponed to another day.
• We clean your brow area with sterile, hygienic pads and draw the brow form on to your skin.
• A photo will be taken, often times a photo will show defects or issues that may need to be
• We use a sterile microblading tool and disposable blade during your procedure.
• We use EU Regulated Permanent Makeup high quality pigments, specially manufactured for
Treatment Steps (procedure usually takes approximately 2 hours):
1. Consultation discussing treatment, shape, and pigment color.
2. Shape is drawn with a soft pencil.
3. Numbing cream is applied to the skin; this takes approximately 20 to 30 minutes to take affect.
4. Pigment is applied with a manual tool using our technique.
5. Pigment is left to absorb and work its magic!
6. We clean the area and apply a healing cream.
7. Take a look at your new, gorgeous brows!